Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Asante! Karibu!

Part of our recent trip was spent with Becca's uncle and aunt who are missionaries to Kenya. The Mestlers are joyful to be around and worked hard to make the time with our children special. Part of that included teaching our children some Swahili. Here's a video clip of the ride back home where the kids made up a song. It is simply entitled "Asante! Karibu!" (I think you'll figure out why). It may be a little more difficult figuring out the meaning of those words. If you would rather not look up the definitions here, then just ask the kids sometime--I don't think they've forgotten yet.


1 comment:

Eve said...

Becca,
We will be taking that trip to PA starting Friday and staying for a week. It's about 800miles from WI. The kids are very excited. It's nice to see your parents in the pictures...haven't seen them in a while. Mom and dad mentioned that the Messler's were in town and visiting, I'm glad you were able to see them as well. Eve