Of all the crazy things to do with one's self on a Saturday afternoon, running through the mud with 3 other teammates in a 4 mile obstacle course has got to top the list. Wade participated in the marine-hosted challenge run. It was quite amusing to both watch and participate. Wade, and some guys from work, worked together to trudge through 32 obstacles over 4 miles to cross the finish line nearly unrecognizable. Lots of climbing 6 ft. walls, running through the woods, crawling through various muddy trenches on the belly, plus an occassional 7 ft. wall, tire run, stream to wade through thigh deep, ropes to climb, plus the grand finale mudpit (nearly waist deep) and the finale 9 ft. wall to bring a new meaning to words like "team work" and "determination." Monday will just have to be another boring day on the treadmill.


2 comments:
How funny. Some guys from Dave's work also did that. Dave opted out this year since we've been so busy on Saturdays w/ FrontLine and NBS. Now that I see Wade, I'm glad that Dave didn't do that. I would hate to try to clean those clothes! :o)
Well Wade,
I thought you got over getting involved with this types of activities when you were younger, but I guess not!
I won't tell anyone what you use to eat when you were a toddler!
I do see you still enjoy getting in the mud and getting dirty!
Love,
Your Mother
Post a Comment